Drive Instructor Training
Website privacy notice (Updated May 2018)
Drive Instructor Training collects and processes your personal information in accordance with this privacy notice. This notice provides you with information regarding our obligations and your rights in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Drive Instructor Training is owned and run by Colin Lott, whose registered office is at 171 Curling Tye, Basildon, Essex SS14 2PW
Information That We Collect from You
We will collect data directly from you when you enter your details into the data information box. When you request a book from us, we will ask for your name and address and that will enable us to send the book to your postal address.
How we use your personal data
- We use your personal data to provide the book you have requested.
- In addition to the book, we will also send you two further direct mail (postal) messages and a series of emails that are all highly relevant and will serve to both update and enhance the information contained within the book.
- Each email that you receive from us will contain an option to opt-out and by clicking this link, all emails will cease with immediate effect.
- We respect your privacy at all times. Your information will never be disclosed or shared with others without your consent, unless required to do so by law.
We respect your privacy at all times. Your information will never be disclosed or shared with others without your consent, unless required to do so by law.
- User Data that includes data about how you use our website and any online services together with any data that you post for publication on our website or through other online services. We process this data to operate our website and ensure relevant content is provided to you, to ensure the security of our website, to maintain back- ups of our website and/or databases and to enable publication and administration of our website, other online services and business. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to enable us to properly administer our website and our business.
- Technical Data that includes data about your use of our website and online services such as your IP address, details about your browser, length of visit to pages on our website, page views and navigation paths, details about the number of times you use our website, time zone settings and other technology on the devices you use to access our website. The source of this data is from our analytics tracking system. We process this data to analyse your use of our website and other online services, to administer and protect our business and website, to deliver relevant content and advertisements to you and to understand the effectiveness of our advertising. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to enable us to properly administer our website and our business and to grow our business and to decide our marketing strategy.
You can also ask us to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by emailing us at email@example.com at any time.
Sharing or Disclosing Your Personal Data
Whilst we will never disclose or share your data with others without your consent, we use third party processors to provide our services; these companies will process or store your information on our behalf.
We use the following third parties:
- We use PBA Group (South East) as our Accountants, who are GDPR compliant.
- We use Theory Test Pro to provide Theory test preparation and training, who are GDPR compliant
- We use Worldpay to process payments, who are covered under the EU-US Privacy shield
Under GDPR you have the right to access personal information that Drive Instructor Training processes about you.
You can request from us information about –
- The personal data we hold about you
- The categories of personal data concerned
- The purposes of the processing
- Details to whom your personal data has/will be disclosed
- How long we retain your personal data
- If we did not collect the data directly from you, information about the source
You may also request from us the following-
- That we update any incomplete or inaccurate data about you
- Request that we delete your personal data in accordance with GDPR
You may request we action your rights by contacting us at Drive Instructor Training, 171 Curling Tye, Basildon, Essex SS14 2PW Or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
To ensure your data is protected, if we receive a request from you to exercise your rights, we will ask you to verify your identity before acting on the request.
Your personal data may be processed outside the EU by us or the third parties we use. Your personal data may be processed in the following countries.
Aweber provides our email software.
WP Engine provides our website hosting.
The suppliers noted above are all part of the EU – US Privacy Shield.
Where these transfers take place, we will ensure the same high standard of protection for your personal data at all times.
Security & Safeguarding Measures
All personal data collected is transferred and stored securely, using industry standard encryption protocols, and approved transfer mechanisms. Please note however, that we cannot guarantee that the measures we maintain will guarantee the security of the information.
Our team is trained on the importance of Privacy and Data Protection and will adhere to our internal policies.
How Long We Retain Your Data
Drive Instructor Training only retains personal information for as long as is necessary. For further details on our data retention periods please contact us.
Where you have consented to us to use your details for direct marketing, we will keep this data until you notify us or otherwise withdraw your consent.